Let’s just take a look at New York City to understand how large subway systems can be. In this city alone, there are 472 stations. Although we are talking about the largest system of its kind in the entire world, it should highlight the fact that with such a large network, it is common to see injuries. Sometimes they are deadly or at least really serious.
Whenever injured because of the fault of someone else, it is really important to look for subway accident lawyers because you are entitled to financial compensation and there is a pretty good possibility you will not be able to obtain as much as you could alone. This is because of several possible complications in such an injury claim process.
What Will Subway Injury Attorneys Do For You?
Basically, while you recover from your injuries, the subway injury attorney will do everything related to the legal side of things. They fight hard so that clients receive fair compensation. Some of the tasks that are very common for them are:
- Working with experts and using knowledge to be sure the case will be correctly valued.
- Identifying parties that have responsibility for what happened.
- Investigating the subway accident to figure out exactly what caused it.
- Fighting for the client so they are not blamed.
- Negotiating with insurance companies or defense lawyers. This is particularly important since they will do all that is possible to reduce claim value.
- Preparing a strong injury claim that can be argued in trials when needed.
Filing claims against public transit authorities or governmental agencies can be quite complex. There are time limits that have to be respected and it is up to you to prove what happened, which in itself is something that is difficult to deal with. A subway accident attorney will help you to do this in a proper way.
Subway Accident Causes
It is very convenient to take the subway but you can easily end up in a very bad situation when an accident happens. Some of the very common subway accident types are:
- Slip and fall
- Being caught between doors
- Falls on tracks
- Subway crashes
- Subway derailment
- Electric shock
- Injuries related to assault, which is often due to negligent security
Subway accidents can be caused by countless factors. Some you should be aware of are:
- Slipper floors
- Inadequate lighting
- Negligent subway platform maintenance
- Damaged staircases
- Defective turnstiles
- Signal errors
- No warning signs
- Damaged elevators
- Malfunctioning doors
- Sudden subway stops
Common Subway Injuries
In fortunate cases, victims simply walk away with bruises and bumps. In unfortunate cases, really severe accidents can happen. Subway accident attorneys are particularly important when suffering serious injuries, like the following:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Broken bones
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss
- Nerve damage
- Neck injuries
- Head injuries
- Chest injuries
- Organ damage
- Wrongful death
As you can see, it is common to end up seriously injured when involved in a subway accident. Never file a claim or go through such an unwanted event alone. Subway accident attorneys can help you to get the compensation you deserve.